- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 slices onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 10-in. broiler-proof skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, water, thyme, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Cook over medium heat; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely set, top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and top is lightly browned. Cut in half to serve. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Parmesan Zucchini Omelet
Sort By :
I thought the flavor of this was outstanding, and loved the combination of the onions, zucchini and tomato.
WHAT A GREAT BREAKFAST OR ANYTIME MEAL. VERY TASTY AND EASY TO MAKE, QUICK TOO
Always looking for more ways to use zucchini. I used oregano and basil instead of thyme. This was quick and delicious.