Parmesan Zucchini Bread
This loaf has a rugged, textured look that adds to its old-fashioned appeal. The mild Parmesan flavor nicely complements the zucchini, which adds bits of green color to every tender slice.
-Christine Wilson, Sellersville, Pennsylvania
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, baking powder and
- baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and
- butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- zucchini and onion.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at
- 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 144 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium,