Parmesan Zucchini Bread Recipe
This loaf has a rugged, textured look that adds to its old-fashioned appeal. The mild Parmesan flavor nicely complements the zucchini, which adds bits of green color to every tender slice. -Christine Wilson, Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
One slice equals 144 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC