- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded peeled zucchini
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, sugar and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and onion.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Parmesan Zucchini Bread
"Made this last fall for the first time. Really nice and easy to make, tastes great warm with butter and slices of cheddar cheese on it!"
"My picky husband loves this bread."
"I added 2 cloves of garlic"
"Very good with dinner when's it fresh out of the oven (cooled slightly). I've made it many times and my family enjoys left over bread with honey for breakfast."
"The texture of the bread was nice and the bread had a simple flavor which was pleasant. I was looking for a more parmesan taste, though so I think next time I'll increase the cheese to a 1/4 cup. Overall, a good recipe."