Parmesan-Walnut Rounds Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and cayenne; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork just until moistened. Shape into two 6-in. logs. In a shallow bowl, combine walnuts and parsley. Roll each log in walnut mixture to coat edges.
- 2. Cut each into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to cool wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 round equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.