These cheesy bites are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. You can make the logs ahead of time, but slice and bake just before serving.Deirdre Dee Cox, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, flour and cayenne; cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing
- with a fork just until moistened. Shape into two 6-in. logs. In a
- shallow bowl, combine walnuts and parsley. Roll each log in walnut
- mixture to coat edges.
- Cut each into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are
- lightly browned. Remove to cool wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 round equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.