These golden brown muffins go perfectly with chilies and chowders, but they lend themselves to lots of other hearty dishes as well.
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and Italian seasoning. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and 1 tablespoon butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Pour remaining butter over tops; sprinkle with walnuts and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Walnut Muffins in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p7
Reviews for Parmesan Walnut Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"Very flavorful muffin. I would make again."