Parmesan Vegetable Toss Recipe
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups croutons, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, cheese, sugar, basil and salt. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and water chestnuts; toss. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Just before serving, place lettuce in salad bowl and top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Top with croutons if desired. Yield: 16-18 servings.
3/4 cup: 269 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Vegetable Toss
"My hubby hates veggies yet loves this! Great compromise :)"
"This is a great same day or make ahead salad...MMMMM"
"This is most excellent! I did combine another salad to this because they were so close in taste. I added 2 cups of diced chicken along with sunflower seeds and raisins and a touch of white wine vinegar. It's out of this world. Thanks for this recipe, you've made me very happy. Now I can throw the other recipe away."