Parmesan Vegetable Saute Recipe
“I came up with this recipe one evening when I didn’t have enough time to make pasta primavera,” recalls Caroline Sperry in Shelby Township, Michigan. “It’s a hearty veggie dish…and so savory and fun to toss around in a skillet!”
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt and pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Parmesan Vegetable Saute
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC