These individual Parmesan cheese balls start with a base of whipping cream and garlic. Rolling them in minced parsley lends a festive holiday color.
36 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese and/or minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring cream and garlic just to a boil, stirring
- occasionally. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time,
- until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Shape into 3/4-in.
- balls; roll in additional cheese and/or parsley. Serve with
- crackers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 truffle (calculated without crackers and additional cheese) equals 37 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.