These individual Parmesan cheese balls start with a base of whipping cream and garlic. Rolling them in minced parsley lends a festive holiday color.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese and/or minced fresh parsley
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring cream and garlic just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in additional cheese and/or parsley. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review