When ruby-red tomatoes appear on the vines in the garden, my family requests these cheesy topped tomatoes as a side dish. I also enjoy these by themselves for a light lunch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dash pepper
- Remove stems from the tomatoes and halve widthwise. Place, cut side
- up, in a small baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients;
- sprinkle over tomato tops. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 101 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.