When ruby-red tomatoes appear on the vines in the garden, my family requests these cheesy topped tomatoes as a side dish. I also enjoy these by themselves for a light lunch.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Dash pepper
- Remove stems from the tomatoes and halve widthwise. Place, cut side up, in a small baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients; sprinkle over tomato tops. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Tomatoes in Country Woman May/June 1992, p37
Reviews for Parmesan Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review