What a great way to use up all those fresh garden tomatoes and what a simple but scrumptious side dish for entrees of all kinds! This quick and easy recipe from Marcia Orlando in Boyertown, Pennsylvania is sure to become a summer standard at your house, too.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Remove stems from tomatoes; cut in half widthwise. Place cut side up
- in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with bouillon and cheese; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered,
- at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 tomato half equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.