- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Whisk together first four ingredients. Add cream; stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Roll or pat dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-3/4-in. biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps as needed. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until light golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Parmesan Sweet Cream Biscuits
"I had to use a little over 1 cup of cream, but that was probably because of our weather.....they were delicious! I love the nuttiness the parmesan cheese adds!"
"This is a redo recipe for me. I love homemade biscuits. I used melted butter instead of the cream as I had none on hand and was anxious to try this recipe out. I will make another bath using the cream. I love the idea of putting these on top of a pot pie. Perfect. Its such and easy put together recipe. The cheese was a real nice addition. I too may have over worked the dough as mine were slightly dry as well.Janie. Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor."
"I had a little bit of trouble getting the dough to stay together but very good and easy overall."
"The flavor was delicious but mine were also a bit dry. I may have overworked the dough but I had some trouble getting the dough to come together. I'd definitely make them again, if only to figure out what I did wrong."
"Made these for company today but for some reason they were almost gone when I went to set the table - husband discovered them. I did sprinkle a bit of dill on top I am a total dill freak, they were so easy I will make them again and again and again."
"I get smiles from family when I tell them I'm making these, These are also good using cheddar cheese."