Parmesan-Stuffed Artichokes Recipe
Because artichokes have been part of my Italian heritage for many years, I'm always looking for new ways to serve them. While they can be a little time consuming to prepare, the flavorful end result is well worth the effort. —Sue Brown, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 baby artichokes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 8 cups water and lemon juice. Remove and discard outer leaves of artichokes. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the stem of an artichoke. Cut off 1/2-in. from the top; cut in half lengthwise. With a spoon, carefully remove fuzzy center and discard. Place in lemon water and repeat with remaining artichokes.
- 2. Drain artichokes and place in a Dutch oven; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4. Spoon heaping tablespoonfuls crumb mixture into each artichoke half; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Parmesan-Stuffed Artichokes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC