Parmesan Spinach and Noodles Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place onion in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for
- 2. 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until spinach is thawed; stir.
- 3. Add the soup, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk and seasonings; mix well. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Drain noodles; add to spinach mixture and stir to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 286 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.