Writes Merrie Fischer of Gen Arm, Maryland, "I love this dish because it's so quick to fix...and it's versatile, too. Sometime I'll dress it up by stirring in cooked shrimp, crab, chicken or turkey for an elegant company meal."
- 6 ounces uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, place onion in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for
- 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook on high for 2 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 minutes or until spinach is thawed; stir.
- Add the soup, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk and seasonings; mix well. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 6 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Drain noodles; add to spinach mixture and stir to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Spinach and Noodles in Light & Tasty October/November 2002, p9
Reviews for Parmesan Spinach and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review