Parmesan Sesame Crackers Recipe
These rustic-looking crackers are crispy, crunchy and topped with cheese and plenty of seeds. Perfect for parties, they’re missing only the preservatives and additives of store-bought alternatives! —ELENA IORGA, HELENA, MONTANA
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water, divided
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually add 2/3 cup water and oil, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Divide dough in half. Roll each ball directly on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Pierce dough with a fork.
- 3. Whisk together egg white and remaining water; brush over dough. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over tops.
- 4. Score dough in each pan into 24 pieces. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately cut along the scored lines; cool in pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cracker: 44 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Sesame Crackers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC