The flavorful coating Alice Wyman created years ago for her family has deliciously stood the test of time. "Although my husband and I are alone now, I still rely on this recipe as a quick, crunchy breading for meats," she explains from Pembina, North Dakota. "There's always a container in my refrigerator ready to use on pork, fish, chicken and even vegetables."
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 cup Malt-O-Meal hot wheat cereal
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Parmesan Seasoned Breading in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p11
Reviews for Parmesan Seasoned Breading
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review