Unlike most other scones, these are nice and moist...thanks to heavy whipping cream! You can even stir in some basil or oregano if you like.Jolie Stinson, Lebanon, Oregon
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add garlic;
- saute 1 minute longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in onion mixture.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half.
- Pat each portion into a 6-in. circle. Cut each circle into six
- wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 scone equals 378 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.