- TOMATO LOVAGE COMPOTE:
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup minced lovage or celery leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, gently toss the compote ingredients. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Dip in milk mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the salmon in oil over medium-high heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning once. Serve with compote. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Salmon Fillets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p230
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Parmesan Salmon Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review