Parmesan Sage Scones
Our home economists dressed up the tops of these savory scones with fresh sage leaves. Prepared with only a handful of ingredients, the delectable wedges are ideal alongside soup, pasta or slices of oven-roasted turkey.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced sage and
- pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into
- a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush
- remaining cream over dough. Press a sage leave onto the top of each
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or edges are until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Nutritional Facts: 1 scone equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.