- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced sage and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush remaining cream over dough. Press a sage leave onto the top of each wedge.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or edges are until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Parmesan Sage Scones in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p9
Reviews for Parmesan Sage Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2009
"just what does sage look like? I grew up in colorado and there is lots of sage around but never was it used by any one to cook with."