- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-3/4 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream, divided
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced sage and pepper. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5 times.
- Transfer dough to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Pat into a 6-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Brush remaining cream over dough. Press a sage leave onto the top of each wedge.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or edges are until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews forParmesan Sage Scones
"just what does sage look like? I grew up in colorado and there is lots of sage around but never was it used by any one to cook with."