- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage and lemon peel. Place egg in shallow bowl. Coat pork chops with flour mixture, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Sage Pork Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p189
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Parmesan Sage Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2015
"This is delicious! Everyone loves it! Definitely a keeper."