- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sage and lemon peel. Place egg in shallow bowl. Coat pork chops with flour mixture, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown chops in oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Parmesan Sage Pork Chops
Sort By :
I came across this recipe a year ago and have made it many times. My boys love it and I double the recipe to feed my family. I also substitute dried italian bread crumbs for the soft bread crumbs.