Parmesan Romaine Salad Recipe
This salad is simple, but it's big on flavor. The shaved Parmesan adds intense cheese flavor, and the nicely balanced dressing lets the other flavors shine. If you're pressed for time, it's good with bottled dressing, too.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups onion and garlic salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 block (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and croutons.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- 3. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese into thin curls; sprinkle over salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 239 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Parmesan Romaine Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC