Parmesan Romaine Salad Recipe
This salad is simple, but it's big on flavor. The shaved Parmesan adds intense cheese flavor, and the nicely balanced dressing lets the other flavors shine. If you're pressed for time, it's good with bottled dressing, too.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups onion and garlic salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 block (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and croutons.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- 3. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese into thin curls; sprinkle over salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 321 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC