This salad is simple, but it's big on flavor. The shaved Parmesan adds intense cheese flavor, and the nicely balanced dressing lets the other flavors shine. If you're pressed for time, it's good with bottled dressing, too.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups onion and garlic salad croutons
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 block (4 ounces) Parmesan cheese
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes and croutons.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese into thin curls; sprinkle over salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Romaine Salad in Country Extra March 2008, p49
Reviews for Parmesan Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review