Parmesan Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, sugar, salt, cornmeal and eggs; mix well. Add 3 cups of flour and beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Shape into 24 ovals; dip each into melted butter and Parmesan cheese. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Rolls
"WONDERFUL!!! My family LOVED these rolls! :)"