Parmesan Risotto Recipe
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or water
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add rice and garlic; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Add heated broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 260 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.