Parmesan Rice Pilaf
MY Mom found this recipe in a local newspaper years ago and it has been one of our favorite side dishes for a long time. The original recipe was a little bland, so I have doctored it up a little. Sometimes I make more than I need for one meal so I can have leftovers.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh marjoram sprig and shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- rice, water, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in
- grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with a sprig of marjoram and shaved
- Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 285 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.