Parmesan Rice Pilaf Recipe
MY Mom found this recipe in a local newspaper years ago and it has been one of our favorite side dishes for a long time. The original recipe was a little bland, so I have doctored it up a little. Sometimes I make more than I need for one meal so I can have leftovers.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh marjoram sprig and shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, water, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 2. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with a sprig of marjoram and shaved Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 285 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Rice Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC