Parmesan Red Potatoes
"Ever since I bought a pressure cooker, my busy family hasn't had to miss out on otherwise time-consuming suppers," relates Coleen Morrissey. In Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania, she prepares tender cheesy potatoes that soak up flavor from chicken broth and seasonings.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 unpeeled medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. pressure cooker. Sprinkle with cheese and
- garlic powder; add broth. Close cover securely; place pressure
- regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high
- heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 6 minutes. (Pressure
- regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat
- if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; immediately cool according to manufacturer's
- directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with
- parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested at 13 pounds of pressure (psi).
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.