"Ever since I bought a pressure cooker, my busy family hasn't had to miss out on otherwise time-consuming suppers," relates Coleen Morrissey. In Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania, she prepares tender cheesy potatoes that soak up flavor from chicken broth and seasonings.
- 4 unpeeled medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. pressure cooker. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic powder; add broth. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook for 6 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Remove from the heat; immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Red Potatoes in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p57
Reviews for Parmesan Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review