Parmesan-Ranch Pan Rolls
My mom taught me this easy recipe, which is great for feeding a crowd. There is never a crumb left over. Mom used her own bread dough, but using frozen dough is my shortcut. I make a wheat bread dough version with poppy and sesame seeds that’s popular, too.
18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 18 portions; shape
- each into a ball. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, butter and
- ranch dressing mix.
- Roll balls in cheese mixture; arrange in two greased 9-in.-square
- baking pans. Sprinkle with onion. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.