Parmesan Pretzel Rods Recipe
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, garlic powder, oregano and cayenne; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted. Coat two-thirds of each pretzel rod with butter mixture, then roll in cheese mixture. Reheat butter mixture if needed.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 173 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Parmesan Pretzel Rods
"Although this recipe was extremely easy we didn't really care for them all that much. I guess we are just not big fans of Parmesan cheese."