Parmesan Pretzel Rods
For the snack fans on your gift list, these cheesy pretzels are terrific. The coated rods get great flavor from garlic powder, oregano and cayenne.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pretzel rods
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, garlic powder, oregano and
- cayenne; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil until
- butter is melted. Coat two-thirds of each pretzel rod with butter
- mixture, then roll in cheese mixture. Reheat butter mixture if
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 275° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now