For the snack fans on your gift list, these cheesy pretzels are terrific. The coated rods get great flavor from garlic powder, oregano and cayenne.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pretzel rods
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, garlic powder, oregano and cayenne; set aside. In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted. Coat two-thirds of each pretzel rod with butter mixture, then roll in cheese mixture. Reheat butter mixture if needed.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 275° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Pretzel Rods in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p60
Reviews for Parmesan Pretzel Rods
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2011
"Although this recipe was extremely easy we didn't really care for them all that much. I guess we are just not big fans of Parmesan cheese."