"I came upon this recipe while taking some non-credit courses in microwave cooking at a community college," recalls Lois Lucas. The Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania cook often cubes the potatoes before coating them to make flavorful nuggets. "I find that children and adults alike enjoy them," she adds.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan
- cheese, onion salt and paprika. Coat potatoes with flour; dip in
- butter. Add to bread crumb mixture; shake to coat evenly. Arrange on
- a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 3 to 4-1/2 minutes or
- until tender, rotating every 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 267 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.