Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin Recipe
This recipe represents my philosophy of cooking to its best - cooking with love. A good test to see if you have enough cream in the recipe is to gently press on the top of the layers (once finished). If there is enough cream, you should see it coming out on the sides, but not overflowing. Letting the au gratin rest is very important . . . even though it is so delicious that you would want to jump right in. If you like onions, slice thinly and add in between the layers. —Theresa Danos, Hyde Park, New York
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients. Layer a third of the potatoes and 2/3 cup cheese mixture in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; repeat layers. Top with remaining potatoes; pour cream over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 65 minutes. Increase temperature to 375°. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 378 calories, 30 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC