Parmesan Potato Sticks
Coming up with new side dishes are fun and this is the result of one of my experiments. I love the Parmesan cheese added to these potatoes.—Lee Herrman, Bismarck, North Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub and peel potatoes; cut lengthwise into quarters. Cut each
- quarter into 3 strips. Roll in melted butter, then roll in combined
- remaining ingredients.
- Place potato sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle
- melted butter over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or
- until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 320 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.