Coming up with new side dishes are fun and this is the result of one of my experiments. I love the Parmesan cheese added to these potatoes.—Lee Herrman, Bismarck, North Dakota
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Scrub and peel potatoes; cut lengthwise into quarters. Cut each quarter into 3 strips. Roll in melted butter, then roll in combined remaining ingredients.
- Place potato sticks in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over potatoes. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Potato Sticks in Country Woman September/October 1990, p35
Reviews for Parmesan Potato Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
"These were fabulous. I used panko instead bread crumbs because we really like it crispy. YUM!"