Parmesan Potato Soup Recipe
Meet the Cook: Even my husband, who's not much of a soup eater, likes this. Our two boys - ages 5 and 2 - do, too. With homemade bread and a salad, it's a satisfying meal. -Tami Walters, Kingsport, Tennessee
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 375° for 40-60 minutes until tender. Cool, peel and cube; set aside.
- 2. In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Add milk and cheese; heat through. Stir in bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 280 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC