Parmesan Potato Soup Recipe
Meet the Cook: Even my husband, who's not much of a soup eater, likes this. Our two boys - ages 5 and 2 - do, too. With homemade bread and a salad, it's a satisfying meal. -Tami Walters, Kingsport, Tennessee
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups milk
- 3/4 to 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Pierce potatoes with a fork; bake at 375° for 40-60 minutes until tender. Cool, peel and cube; set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese; heat through. Stir in bacon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Parmesan Potato Soup in Country Woman September/October 1996, p33
Reviews for Parmesan Potato Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review