Parmesan Potato Chips
I created this recipe to make the most of my love for fresh Parmesan cheese. When I serve my “special fries” with burgers or ribs, people usually can’t stop eating them.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + soaking Cook: 5 min./batch
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut potatoes into very thin slices; soak in cold water for 30
- minutes. Drain; pat dry with paper towels.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- potatoes in batches for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring
- frequently. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.