Parmesan Potato Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 6 tablespoons mashed potato flakes
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the potato flakes, butter, sugar, milk powder, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Roll each into a 5-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cheese, seeds and kosher salt. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Parmesan Potato Breadsticks in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p22
Reviews for Parmesan Potato Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review