Parmesan Potato Balls Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 3 large potatoes)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, milk and butter until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, onion, soup mix, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place the egg and cornflakes in separate shallow bowls. Dip potato balls in egg, then roll in crumbs. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Parmesan Potato Balls(9)
Sort By :
I thought this was okay but somewhat dry. However, it may have been my fault trying to hold them over as I was serving in courses.
A nice way to serve potatoes. Very tastefu
I"ll serve it again, soon.
But you have to let the potatoes cool or chill them for about an hour so you can mold them into the balls. It doesn't work if you do it right after you mash them. it gets very messy...
tastes great but takes quite a bit of time
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >