Parmesan Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons port wine or additional beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices; flatten to 1/8-in. thickness. Coat with Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil until tender; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook pork in remaining butter and oil in batches over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Stir in wine or additional broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and onion mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Parmesan Pork Tenderloin
Sort By :
"OMG, so good! Hubby and I both loved it. I doubled the sauce and it was just enough.Thanks for sharing!"
"Didn't change a thing and the family loved it!"
"My husband said "I hope you wrote this down!" I will double the sauce next time - would be wonderful over mashed potatoes!"
"Loved it! As good as anything served at a restaurant!And I didn't even have wine to add tonight!"
"I loved this dish. I didn't have grated parmesan cheese but the sprinkle kind worked just fine. I also used black chinese mushrooms and they were delicious. I wished I had made more of the sauce though so if you like sauce atleast double that."