Parmesan Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops (1/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons oil. Add the tomato puree. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the egg and water. Place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops on both sides in remaining oil.
- 3. Spread half of the tomato mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with pork chops; drizzle with remaining tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°:. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 620 calories, 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Parmesan Pork Sandwiches
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.