- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Parmesan Pork Roast(31)
Sort By :
This was very tender and moist. The gravy was a little different and it was great. I was gone longer than 5 hours, but my pot automatically goes to "keep warm" after the time set and even after about nine hours total (four at warm), it was still perfect. I did leave out the salt when using regular soy sauce.
Didn't make the gravy but it smelled so good while cooking and tasted just as good.
The ingredient list kind of threw me but it was outstanding, we like lots of sauce so I increased the liquid ingredients and we had mashed potatoes, YUM. Even my fussy eaters asked for it again. Am going to fix this for my sister at our next visit, I know she'll love it too!!
I added 1/2 cup water and cooked on low for 8 hours. It came out dry and had the burnt taste like previous reviewer. My kids hated it.
This was so easy to make, i had everything it needed.which was nice i didint have to run out and buy something. My whole famiy loved it including my 11 and 5 year old sons. I now make this all the time!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Roast Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >