Parmesan Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Cut pork into four slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add pork, one slice at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add onion to the pan; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 220 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Parmesan Pork Medallions
"My whole family loves this recipe. Quick, easy, and yummy, pretty much sum it up. I also found the recipe in the comfort Food Diet cookbook. I have been lazy, and use onion powder instead of chopping an onion, and double the amounts on the seasoning, we like things with a bolder flavor. The recipe is also easily doubled. Yummy."
"Fast, easy and delicious! My husband said it was phenomenal!"
"Wonderful flavor and easy to make! :)"
"My husband and I LOVED this recipe! Very easy to make and restaurant quality!"
"Made this recipe from the comfort food diet cookbook. It was easy and very good"
"Very simple to make & delicious!"
"Super easy, I didn't have a fresh onion or garlic so I just used onion flakes and garlic powder and it tasted great."
"I wasn't a big fan of pork until I tried this recipe. Delicious and quick to make!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.