Parmesan Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Cut pork into four slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add pork, one slice at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook pork in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add onion to the pan; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
2 medallions equals 220 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Parmesan Pork Medallions
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.