Parmesan Pork Cutlets
The aroma of the cooking cutlets makes my kids eager to come to the dinner table. These easy-to-make cutlets are awesome and even my children like them.Julie Ahern, Waukegan, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Cut pork diagonally into eight slices; pound each to 1/4-in.
- thickness. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In
- another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese and salt. Dip
- pork in the flour, eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil in batches over medium heat for
- 2-3 minutes on each side or until crisp and meat juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cutlets equals 376 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 162 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.