- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 thin boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, oil, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites, mustard, oregano and the remaining salt and pepper until blended. In another shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs with cheese. Dip pork chops in egg white mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and pork is tender.
- Add spinach to tomato mixture; toss to combine. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Parmesan Pork Chops with Spinach Salad
"A1 The best taste of pork chops ever <3"
"VERY delicious!!! My son who is very picky even ate the whole pork chop! The only thing I did differently was baking them for about 10 minutes after pan frying them for a minute each side on high heat. I'm a paranoid. :-) Definitely going to make this again!"
"We loved this recipe! The pork breading was simply delicious! Instead of fresh tomatoes, I used my canned tomatoes and it was awesome. We even added the feta cheese to the salad. Really good and easy and fast! Thanks for sharing! - Field Editor"
"My pork chops were thick, but I just covered the pan for a couple of minutes while cooking and they were perfect. We really enjoyed the flavor."
"salad was great, but the pork had no flavor."
"I made this tonight and I was extremely disappointed with the taste of the pork. It wasn't an awful meal because the pork was juicy, but the breading had absolutely no flavor of oregano and parmesan cheese. The salad was the best part of the meal. I won't be making this again."
"My family LOVED this recipe! The dressing on the salad is so simple and pairs well with the pork. The Dijon mustard in the coating is delicious!"
"Very tasty! will make again."